Friday, April 14, 2006

I see sunshine...

So with Easter fast approaching I find myself doing better. Maybe it is the promise that Jesus makes all things new. Everyday I feel stronger, and happier. I do not have this burden of sadness hanging over me. It could be actually talking to the good doctor, or actually confronting my husband about issues that I had not stood up to before, or just passage of time. My son seems to be benefiting from the changes too, which helps see positive change so quickly. I find it easier and easier to be the person I want to be.

I should also say we have two new bunnies. Now we went to a few pets to a menagerie of animals. We have two cats, a dog, two bunnies, two frogs, and a fish. We had more fish but since our move I can not keep any gold fish. I spent almost 100$ on trying to make their environment just right for them to live, and still they die. So we have Fred, he is the algae eater, and has lived through a hurricane and the move. So he gets the place to himself till we find out what is killing the other fish. My daddy told me to concentrate on the mammals and forget the poor fish.

2 comments:

MamaEscandon said...

Fish are difficult unless you A) have a fancy fish tank and you hardly have to clean it or B) have an even fancier fish tank and pay someone else to come take care of it.

I had rabbits once. I bought two so they could be buddies; the lady told me they were both females. Well, a couple months later I heard a funny noise coming from thier cage. So I went to check it out and we had little pink baby bunnies everywhere!!! So, I was in a studio apartment with 5 rabbits. LOL! I managed to find a home for one of them. When I moved to Texas, I could only take one so I left the others with my mom. The one I took with me died. =( I'm not sure how, but I wouldn't doubt the heat. The other three were all females (we never had any more bunnies) and they lived with my mom until last month when she moved. She donated them to an animal sanctuary I think.

In anycase, I will never own another rabbit again. They are SOOOO messy, smelly, and thier urine is highly acidic! But, In anycase, they are very cute!

Unknown said...

I am definately going to get them fixed! Regardless to what they are, so hopefully we wont get any new ones.