Sunday, July 01, 2012

Really....

So one day when the pain was winning, and I was losing, I wrote a poem to my cat.  Really!  So today is another pain 1, April 0, type of days, so I thought I would post it.


Really, Really?
Do you have any ideas how much that drink cost me as you dip your feline head in my water cup?  Did you know today is a bad day, that there is 30% chance of rain, and 100% chance of pain?  Really, are you going to come rub your ice-cold nose on me now, and purr?  Are you really going to bat my fingers, and play with my toes?  I had to find a cup my hand could fit through, so I wouldn’t drop it.  I had to lean in to the levers for ice and water; my hands couldn’t turn on the faucet.  Everything hurts, even places I have no names for, like the dimples in my chest under the shoulder blades.  How can they hurt if I can’t figure out what its name is?  Really must we chew on my fingers, I cannot pet you, my feline companion.  My hands feel broken, yes broken, I broke one once, so I can compare, and this sensation is definitely a break.  Really, must you walk on me?  Do you not understand I can’t stand my own skin, even if you are only five pounds and warm, it is too much for me to handle.  Really, why do you purr, I guess my words mean nothing to you.  Really, you are falling asleep, on top of me, why not the pillow, or any other part of the bed?  Here comes the tears, the balance tips, I am past my threshold, and there isn’t any pain meds that can help.  Therefore, you sleep sound, and I will lie still, and remind myself, that tomorrow is a new day, really!


Super Pet-cage My First Home Teal Large - 100079080

No comments: